ONTOS is an atmospheric plasma system for surface preparation. Our patented equipment and processes provide unique advantages to our customers. Key benefits of our atmospheric plasma tools include:
- Low-cost, high yield, high-speed, chip-to-chip interconnect bonds at room temperature with minimal force
- Better surface activation for direct bonding, aqueous wetting, contamination removal, and adhesive bonding
- Chip/wafer is scanned under compact process head
- Plasma-Head selection includes the following process zone 25mm, 40mm or 100mm wide (rastered)
- Typical scan rate: 1-5 mm/sec
- Process runs in room ambient
- Programmable control of plasma and scan parameters
- Easy touch-screen controller
- Vacuum chuck handles small chips to 8” wafers. (or 12″ wafer with the 300mm)
- Typical power to internal plasma source: 60-100 Watts
- CE certified (by independent third party)
- Made in U.S.A.
ONTOS Atmospheric Plasma Solutions
OntosTT (Stand Alone)
Atmospheric Plasma System
Semi-automatic table-top Atmospheric Plasma system for surface preparation. It provides a simple, effective, clean surface modification method.
- It does not require the throughput-robbing vacuum chamber associated with traditional plasma systems.
- ONTOS performs this surface modification without ion bombardment and without the cross-contamination. These issues are often associated with conventional plasma systems.
The OEM version of the ONTOS Plasma Head is available for integration into third party equipment.
The Plasma Curtain is available in several widths (down to 10mm) to enable optimization of the gas consumption on smaller devices or to adapt to larger devices.